Killing Fields

From: design18 (design18)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 15:48:41 PDT

    Today I took one of my classes to paint the irises at the famous Presby
    Memorial Iris Gardens in Montclair, NJ. There was a photographer there who
    took a lot of photos of the students (fifth graders) and then told us he was
    from the NY Times. So tomorrow we MIGHT have a photo in the NY Times. He
    was Asian, and very friendly and chatted with us about our artwork, our dogs
    at home, his fondness of NJ, etc. Just as we were about to leave he told me
    that he was the person that the book and movie the Killing Fields was about.
    Blew me away. His website is http://www.dithpran.org. His mission is to
    educate people about the genocide of 2 million people by the Khmer Rouge in
    Cambodia. Check it out. Its fascinating.