I need websites with proof that art more than once a week is beneficial to students!!!!

From: Melissa (lissakoke)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 16:24:45 PDT

    I'm pulling out my bigs guns on this one. PE is trying to get my principal
    to hire another PE teacher instead of an art teacher. (We have 2 PE, 2
    music and 1 1/2 art on our campus of 700 students). I need proof that art
    is just as valuable to the curriculum as PE. They have come up with all
    sorts of articles and websites to show many hours a week the children need
    PE. So, I need to find proof that the children need more than 50 minutes of
    art once per week. The more websites I can find the better. I have dug
    around on here and the NAEA website and haven't found much. Anything at
    this point would help!!!

    THANKS!
    Melissa

    ---