Re: artsednet digest: May 20, 2000

From: Michelle Peck Williams (mpwill)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 05:38:18 PDT

    >>Subject: two cents about dress code.
    From: Pablo90512
    Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 01:03:46 EDT

    Our principal requires us to wear hose or socks at all times. THis is a real
    drag.
    Concerning what's professional...I always dress more professionally when I
    have to go to a meeting or know I will be with parents. I used to not
    bother, but I have found they take me more seriously and actually give me
    fewer complaints about their childs education. Even when I have given
    workshops to other art teachers....they tend to listen better when I am more
    taylored up and comments tend be even more postitive. THere is something
    about dress whether I like it or not. So I plan my dress according to my
    schedule.
    Laurie<<

    I do the same thing. Clothes DO have an effect. I also dress up more at the
    beginning of a new school year or new semester (when I have new kids). They
    behave better! Or, if I have to lecture, I'll dress up. If we go to the library or
    computer lab, though, I wear jeans or khakis.

    I wear sandals nearly every day, too. I'd die with your "hose or socks" rule.
    Yuck. Somebody explain to me how sandals hurt my kids' education?

    --
    Michelle Peck Williams :)
    World History & Humanities Teacher

    "To know what you know and know what you do not know is the character of one who knows." --Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)

    ---