re: rainsticks

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 12:55:44 PDT

    I just did a practice one for my art camp. I used a heavy-duty roll
    from the laminating machine. It's about as long as a paper towel tube.
    I hammered thick nails (size 6D, 2") in a spiral down the tube. Covered
    one end with mat board, filled with dry pinto beans. Sounds awesome!
    The only drawback to this size tube is the length. It would be so cool
    to hear that sound going for a longer time (traveling through a longer
    tube). We will paper mache over these and paint them.

    teri

    ---