RE: Warm-ups

From: Freeland, Susan (FREELAS)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 12:21:10 PDT

     I photocopy a step by step workshhet on how to draw a specific thing. for
    little ones it may be just one letter in a bubble style then fill it with a
    pattern, my middle schoolers like to learn how to make bubbles look wet
    (they fill the page with different size circles then put reflections on each
    one. I also draw ideas from Mark Kistler's book so they can draw figures and
    cartoons they are learning and think they're just having fun.
    Just break down a concept you want them to learn and let them jump right in
    and practice this while they are waiting for everyone else to come in and
    attendance to be taken or materials to be passed out.
    When I went to the Disney Institute they have you warm up with just circle
    but I thought little mini lessons work better with kids. I am also putting
    as many warmups together as possible for my professional development goal.
    As another artsednetter said recently "we do this anyway why not let it
    fulfill a goal for the administration."
    Hope this helps...I'll try and send some out if I am able.
    Sue F.
    Massachusetts

    ---