Re: honor roll vs behavior

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 07:48:19 PDT

    Congratulations to your principal that believed that all subject areas
    counted for the honor roll! In the HS, some students have the belief
    that it doesn't matter what you do in art. The counselors tell them it
    is required to graduate but will not count toward college admittance. If
    colleges would consider the whole GPA and not just the core academics
    for admittance we might find students have a better work ethic when
    entering college.

    Sandra in AL

    Amenay2 wrote:

    > The last elementary school I taught in required that a student maintain a
    > satisfactory or better to be on the honor roll...Art did count (all specialty
    > areas). It also taught students at an early age that all things count...all
    > efforts and attitudes...in all areas of study. Good luck! Hope your new
    > principal is like the one I had where an honor roll student achieves
    > excellence in all subjects.

    ---