Re: Another Killer Virus...

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 06:59:23 PDT

    "Lawrence A. Parker" wrote:

    > Another Killer Virus
    >
    > There's another one out there a VBScript work. It arrives attached to an
    > e-mail with "FW:" and a random message in the subject line. The attachment
    > is also a random name. When you open it, it will do nasty things: copy
    > itself, replace files, delete files, etc.
    >
    > Again, this might be a good excuse to remind your staff to practice "good
    > computer hygiene."

    Does anyone else find it amusing that all these high-tech rocket scientists in the
    Pentagon and CIA, among others, got infected by the I Love You virus? Wouldn't you
    think they, of all people, would know better to open attachments after the
    relatively benign Melissa virus last year? And why are people with probably high
    security clearances opening attachments with the subject line I Love You anyway?!

    Maggie

    ---