mandalas in paper

From: D Rozzi (whimscal)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 05:40:57 PDT

    I am trying to plan out several projects for my students in a summer
    papermaking class (grades 6-11). One of my ideas is to make mandalas out of
    dyed pulp. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what I could use to
    get the pulp into the circle form. I would like them to be at least 18" in
    diameter. I thought of PVC pipe cut into small sections...or embroidery
    hoops...but I know the hoops will get expensive. Any suggestions?

    ---