Re: calligraphy ideas?

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 21:15:06 PDT

    Litesal wrote:

    > Dear Colleagues,
    >
    > I am teaching a calligraphy class this summer (soon, June!) to 4, 5, and 6th
    > graders. I will have them for three hours a day, three days a week for
    > three weeks. <snip.
    > Any ideas, thoughts, tips or websites to help me in this endeavor would be
    > greatly appreciated.

    Leah,

    Your class sounds like fun! My students have enjoyed making and writing on
    "parchment." It's done on cheap white paper towels with amber shellac. If you
    like, I could send you part of a handout I gave at NAEA a few years ago on
    creating illuminated pages.

    Besides that, how 'bout they create a family tree and use their new skills?

    Maggie

    ---