Re: principals

From: San D Hasselman (kprs)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 15:08:12 PDT

    My principal supports the art program by contuously praising the students in the
    program when walking in the door, by making me an integral part of the heirachy
    of the school by insisting that I am on the important committees and making no
    major policy decisions without asking my opinion, by allowing my colleague and I
    to try anything and do most anything, by trusting us. For example, this year our
    school wide objective will be an art objective accomplished through the history
    department. He allows us to take field trips, and will and has supported us when
    possible at administrative meetings. In all truth he has supported us over our
    supervisor (who is a Foreign Language teacher). Probably the key is that our
    principal has a masters degree in art history, and collects antiques. When he
    taught, he was a history teacher.

    San D

    ---