Re: calligraphy ideas?

From: gregjuli
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 12:14:08 PDT

    How about an Old English letter and illuminate it. I've had kids create borders
    and patterns from the basic strokes ( it puts a new twist to the practice of
    strokes) and then do an Old English in the center of the calligraphed paper.
    alos , I ve seen calligraphy used inside the shape of the word being done, for
    example- calligraphy the word apple many times inside the outline of an apple.
    MaryB

    Litesal wrote:

    > Dear Colleagues,
    >
    > I am teaching a calligraphy class this summer (soon, June!) to 4, 5, and 6th
    > graders. I will have them for three hours a day, three days a week for
    > three weeks. So far, I plan to introduce them to the major alphabets
    > (Roman, Uncial, Blackletter, Italic, and Book hand).

    ---