Grounds for Sculpture

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:40:51 PDT

    A couple of weeks ago I posted a message inviting those of you in the
    Philadelphia area to join me at the Grounds for Sculpture in Trenton, NJ on
    Saturday June 17. I'm planning on it. Although I have to go back to school
    on the 19th, the 16th will be the last day I see children in the building
    and I can't wait to see them go. (Not only my seniors, but ALL of them have
    "bagged" it this marking period. And I want out as much as they do. Some
    time I will vent about our screwy grading system that allows a student to
    fail two markings periods but if he/she passes the final it's a passing
    grade for the course. )

    I have amassed several of my art teacher friends from around here to go with
    me on the 17th. If some of you show up it will almost be a convention.

    Let me say again what an incredible place this is. Even if you don't like
    the art the gardens will amaze you.

    Meet at the Museum Building (Info center) at 11:00 A.M. Somehow I think we
    will recognize each other.
    I'm sure Red Grooms will be a great end of the year experience.

    Hope to see some of you there.
    Patty
    If you need directions:
       http://www.groundsforsculpture.org