Re: gifted kids problems

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 07:06:46 PDT

    In a message dated 5/21/00 8:34:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
    kprs writes:

    << I try to teach them to fail and survive! And they do, and we
     laugh, and we work. >>

    San D
    Yes learning that you are not perfect is the key. I tell my kids to make art
    out of
    mistakes - rarely give out extra paper for "messups" as they call them. I
    tell them
    create art out of that mistake and make suggestions for a possibility. I
    tell them they are the artist and that there are gazillions ways of making
    art. Of course they have
    to follow the basics of the lesson. But as you say Rich received his
    superiority gift
    from his Dad - my gifted student has been told too many times that he is
    "smart" by his also too smart mother - and so he can be a real pain - he
    doesn't produce in his gifted class either. Roberta

    ---