Re: recycled art

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 11:25:44 PDT

    Dear Deb,

            This may be a little weird, but take the students on a neighborhood
    tour. Look at designs on manhole covers. Or whatever the politically
    correct term for that circular disk of metal is called these days. You can
    do rubbings. Make a mask. Have the students think up a creative circular
    line dance to do around the cover. Design their own covers. Create a play
    about what creatures they think might be lurking "down there." Ask the
    students to figure out why the covers are round. Get into some great
    geometry manipulative materials.
            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    |A plea for help! Anyone have any ideas, themes, or techniques for
    |engaging a small group, 8 kids + an aide, with behavioral and learning
    |disorders (the aide seems okay - no disorders that I can see) for the
    |whole school day?
    I am a bit nervous teaching out of my discipline. Any help is appreciated.
    -=deb=-

    Ann Heineman.....aheinema-state.edu
    Greensview School....Upper Arlington City Schools
    (614)487-5050 ... Voice Mail 487-6456 Box 522

    ---