Re: art show incident

From: gregjuli
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 14:44:58 PDT

    The interesting thing about e- mail is we all can interpret it many ways. I
    didn't feel that Sky was being chastised, but people were just mentioning what
    they would of done. Of course it is always easier to make the judgement after
    the fact when you can step back and think about it.
    My first reaction was the same as someone else's who thought the old woman might
    of had alzheimers or some sort of confusion. If it was a youger person , they
    should know better.
    I'm notorious for thinking what I wish I would of done after the fact. Being a
    very reflective thinker can be a blessing or a hinderance at times. So like
    Wendy I'd be too surprised to say anything at first , then think of what I
    wanted to say later. And then there are those who are shocked and instead of
    speechless are in your face.
    Sky,I think you did just fine. No major harm done.
    MaryB

    wendy sauls wrote:

    > i am uncomfortable with sky being chastized for her response to the sticker
    > theft. isn't that kind of like blaming the victim for a crime? i think the
    > fault lies entirely with the offender. i don't know about everyone else,
    > but when stuff like this happens to me i am usually so shocked i can't think

    ---