Re: art show incident

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 14:10:52 PDT

    >"She thought she could have them." I said, "Well ... they're mine
    >but o.k. you can keep them"

    I would probably have said, "Aren't they cute? I'm so sorry I can't give
    you any...they belong to my school and are for chlidren's rewards. I
    guess you misunderstood."

    I have had to do this numerous times at the art workshops I give. People
    just "load up" with art supplies from my centers. Kind of weird, really.
    But it must be some new value system I have missed growing up in the 50's.

    "So many things have made living and learning easier. But the real things
    haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the
    most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful
    and have courage when things go wrong"...Laura Ingalls Wilder