Re: art show incident

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 14:10:52 PDT

    >"She thought she could have them." I said, "Well ... they're mine
    >but o.k. you can keep them"

    I would probably have said, "Aren't they cute? I'm so sorry I can't give
    you any...they belong to my school and are for chlidren's rewards. I
    guess you misunderstood."

    I have had to do this numerous times at the art workshops I give. People
    just "load up" with art supplies from my centers. Kind of weird, really.
    But it must be some new value system I have missed growing up in the 50's.

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    "So many things have made living and learning easier. But the real things
    haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the
    most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful
    and have courage when things go wrong"...Laura Ingalls Wilder

    ---