Re: More Italy stuff

From: Artemis420
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 12:17:48 PDT

    In a message dated 5/20/00 11:15:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    kimberly writes:

    << I would like to give you a student's viewpoint. In high school I went to
     Greece one year and Scotland and England another with the dance team. If you
     can, interview any potential chaperones and make sure they aren't likely to
     teach your students the exact opposite of what you want them to learn by
     traveling.>>
    This is really shocking. How can education BE education when such things
    happen? Those women were not there for the kids, but for themselves. They
    were the worst kind of ugly Americans, culture centric and disrespectful.
    They used the tour for selfish ends.
     The Greek Easter service is a lovely thing to see and hear.
    Fish and chips are cooked in boiling oil!
    And to miss the British Museum and the Tate gallery and so much more!!
    Sue them!! (just kidding) But damn anyway.

    ---