Re: art show incident

From: wendy sauls (wsauls)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 11:56:15 PDT

    i am uncomfortable with sky being chastized for her response to the sticker
    theft. isn't that kind of like blaming the victim for a crime? i think the
    fault lies entirely with the offender. i don't know about everyone else,
    but when stuff like this happens to me i am usually so shocked i can't think
    of _anything_ to say for a little while. about an hour later i have a great
    speech to give concerning morality, society, the golden rule, consideration,
    etc...but the offenders normally don't stick around that long to hear it.
    so, although i would like nothing more than to hold the offenders
    accountable and let them have it with a powerful, thought provoking, life
    altering oration, i am too slow on the uptake. i have also often been
    accused of having unrealistic expectations in the area of human
    behavior/morality. although my beliefs remain strong, these accusations
    probably make me even more hesitant to quickly and loudly speak up. i can
    say the appreciation i have for others who act with respect, kindness,
    consideration, and honesty is enormous and i always try to let them know
    this...

    my 2 cents,

    wendy