taking a book from an office.......

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 10:32:31 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************
    > I was in my office looking for a book, found it missing, and announced
    > to the student waiting that one of the other teachers must have borrowed
    > the book. A voice from the class said "I have it." That student had
    > gone into my office, taken a book from the shelf, and was using it at
    > her drafting table. She never asked to use the book, nor did she ask
    > permission to go into my office. I told all the class that no one has
    > permission to go into my office without my approval.

    Aren't you lucky you had a student who admitted that she was using the book
    after you considered it missing. Admittedly going into your office unasked
    was a wrong choice but she was ethical enough to face your wrath with truth.

    It's the child who won't admit to wrongdoing when faced with the obvious who
    frightens my ethics. Toodles.......

    ---