Re: Italy (Money Belts)

From: Michelle Peck Williams (mpwill)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 19:45:03 PDT

    I took kids to Europe last year. I would definitely say NO to the fanny packs. If
    you do choose to wear one, you might as well also wear a sign that says
    "AMERICAN TOURIST! PLEASE COME AND ROB ME!" Make sure the sign
    is in Italian, of course.

    I wore a small leather pouch that hooked to my belt and then slipped down
    into the pants. I figured it would be HORRIBLE, but it wasn't that bad. I only
    put my passport and extra traveller's checks in there.

    We did not have any trouble in Italy, because I had DRILLED into the kids
    heads how important it was to stay together, stay with the guide, etc. They
    thought I was being ultra-paranoid, but they all came home safe and no one
    got robbed.

    Feel free to email me privately if you have other questions.

    --
    Michelle Peck Williams :)
    World History & Humanities Teacher

    "To know what you know and know what you do not know is the character of one who knows." --Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)

    ---