dress code

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 20:37:31 PDT

    The supervisor replyed well dress nice, what Sandra has on is
    >almost OK. I think she had potential to be a member of
    >administration.
    >Thanks, Janice for the quotes. They will soon be part of a new hummock!
    Sandra in AL

    > > "I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."
    > > --Gilda Radner

    As a high school 3-D art teacher, and even at the elementary level, I've
    always dressed a little differenlty than the "real" teachers.
    Not only out of necessity, but because that's just me. I'm not conservative
    in how I dress and I do think wearing a $200 suit in the art room is
    absolutley insane! I am also the one wearing the jumper and nice t-shirt. I
    also used to own 7 pairs of khakis( hey, they match absolutely
    EVERYTHING!!!)(Makes doing the laundry really easy, too)
    What I really appreciated hearing was from an English teacher after a
    discussion on what was appropriate to wear- she said,"Your students need to
    see you in both roles, that of the artist/producer of art and that of the
    teacher who is teaching the art. You can do both without going to extremes."
    I know that, but it was nice to hear that from one of the conservative
    guard. We have no formal dress code for teachers, but we did have a
    superintendent who made a point of saying to teachers, things like "Do you
    think that's a very professional way to dress?"