Acrylic paintings (pics)

From: sharonbk
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 15:17:58 PDT

    I've just posted the first few final project paintings by my students on my website:
    http://www.bigfoot.com/~artrageous

    Many more pictures will be posted in the next two weeks as students finish them up. Some are doing highly detailed paintings and others are doing several small quick paintings (coupled with reports). As usual, there's a real mix of interests and opportunities for self-expression.

    Oh--one thing cool: during our recent art exhibit at a mall, an older gentleman approached me, asking about a student's drawing of WWII airplanes in combat. (This same student is now doing a large painting on the same theme--the picture is on the main page of my website.)

    Anyhow, yesterday the student got a letter from this man who said he could relate all too well to the combat scene, as he'd been a member of the Tuskegee Airmen. It was a really nice, informative letter--which our headmaster read to everyone during an assembly this morning!

    The student, of course, is thrilled to have his work noticed like this, and the headmaster was pretty happy to gain more positive recognition for the school. And of course *I'M happy because the art department and these kids' work is being recognized and is "out there"!

    So anyhow, just a few pictures are up so far--bunches more to come during the next couple of weeks.

    Sharon
    Featuring art and art lesson plans, genealogy
    resources, information about contra dancing
    and Celtic music--and more!
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others

    ---