Re: art glass

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 14:48:33 PDT

    Betty,

    Sorry about the repeat! You are right it is hard to keep track,
    especially if you have moments of brain cramps.
    About the plate glass, it is from the local glass store or possibly a
    good home center (Home Depot or Lowes). I assume a glass artists at some
    point tested to see how it works and was successful. The turquoise frit
    would be great. You can also use copper wire along with the frit. It
    gives an interesting look that just melts into the glass. Would be
    interesting to have the kids shape the wire into a face or figure
    drawing as well as draw into the frit. Could incorporate quite a few
    disciplines with this project!

    Sandra in AL

    > Yes, I'm also the one who submitted the art glass site! (hard to keep track
    > with so many good threads going)
    > My question was really more about the plate glass. I was assuming the plate
    > glass was, say, from the local glass store, so not tested for fusing. Is it
    > just sheer luck that it's compatible with the frit?
    > (I think my students will love the coarse turquoise frit - it will look so
    > much like nuggets of turquoise stone. )
    > Betty

    ---