Re: parent conf.

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 07:13:01 PDT

    Rdunkelart wrote:

    > Think of me Friday as a hostile parent interviews me about her innocent son.
    > He is
    > a perfect child that is imperfect in my room- chaotic at best. Fortunately
    > the music
    > teacher and PE teacher will be there to back me up. 3-1 sounds fair to me.
    > Roberta

    I just hope it's enough! I also hope you have documentation to back yourself up
    with: dates of specific incidents, portfolio to compare with those of on-task
    students...

    Stick to the facts, and stick to the main issue. Don't allow the parent to
    side-swipe the interview with irrelevant comments or questions. Don't act
    defensive. Be calm and collected, and don't be afraid to repeat yourself
    several times if she's not "getting it."

    Maggie

    ---