Re: Egg dying Kits

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 05:31:32 PDT

    Kimberly Herbert wrote:
    > I want to do a fun sounding activity from Preschool Art, but I need dyed
    > eggs. If I can't find one of those kits in the discount bin, does someone
    > know how to dye them without the kit. Can I use food coloring, tempera
    > paint?
    > Kimberly Herbert

    There is a recipe on the back of most food coloring dyes. In fact my
    food dye has pictures of easter eggs on the cover. It says combine
    1/4 tsp color with 2 tsp distilled vinegar and 2/3 cup boiling
    water. Orange- 2 drops red & 3 drops yellow. Turquoise- 1 green & 4
    blue, lime green- 3/yellow &1/green, Salmon-3/red,2/yellow, violet
    2/red & 2/blue, pistachio- 1/yellow & 4/green, this is in addition
    to the colors you get. I do have other recipes from my 15 odd years
    of teaching preschool also.
    Sandra

    astroboy

    ---