Re: Art and Craft club ideas please!!!

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 03:32:58 PDT

    Margaret asked, "I am writing to you to ask you if you could spare the time
    to send in a wish list of the kind of classes that you might like to
    undertake yourselves either as teachers or students."

    Margaret, I have an art club for my middle school that meets once a week
    after school. Since I don't do any crafty projects in my art classes, they
    wanted to do arts and crafts for our meetings. So, this year, each student
    took turns teaching something they know a lot about or want to learn on
    their own. Their favorites were bead jewelry, beaded ornaments, hemp
    necklaces and bracelets (it's sorta like trendy macrame), weaving,
    decoupage, and pottery. I am hoping to learn basketmaking and wire jewelry
    this summer.

    Michelle H. Harrell
    michelle_h_harrell
    North Garner Middle School