Re: wanting Inspirational quotes.

From: Janjarreau
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 16:09:00 PDT

    Here are a whole bunch of quotes.
    Janice
    Quotes

    "One never notices what has been done; one can only see what
    remains to be done."
    --Marie Curie

    "The best preparation for a better life next year is a full,
    complete, harmonious, joyous life this year."
    --Thomas Dreier

    "Trust you own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your
    own, instead of someone else's."
    --Billy Wilder

    If you must argue, remember that:

    "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
    --William Gibbs McAdoo

    "The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right."
    --Jill Ruckleshaus

    "People are usually more convinced by reasons they discovered
    themselves than by those found by others."
    --Blaise Pascal

    "Concern should drive us into action and not into
    depression."
    --Karen Horney

    "True modesty and true pride are much the same thing: both
    consist in setting a just value on ourselves - neither more
    nor less."
    --William Hazlitt

    "Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be
    content with what you have."
    --Doris Mortman

    Be yourself and wear what you like:

    "Fashion is what you adopt when you don't know who you are."
    --Quentin Crisp

    "If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think
    they want to hear from your sweater?"
    --Fran Lebowitz

    "I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."
    --Gilda Radner

    "I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do
    that. Your mind must know that it has to get down to earth."
    --Pearl Buck

    "To be a manager, you have to start at the bottom, no
    exceptions."
    --Henry Block

    "You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at
    yourself."
    --Ethel Barrymore

    When things reach their absolute worst, remember:

    "If you're going through hell, keep going."
    -- Winston Churchill

    "If you are losing a tug-of-war with a tiger, give him the
    rope before he gets to your arm. You can always buy a new
    rope."
     -- Max Gunther

    "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."
    -- Charles A. Beard

    "Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is
    short."
    --Adam Hochschild

    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
    --Muhammid Ali

    "Don't confuse being stimulating with being blunt."
    Barbara Walters

    Tough times are an opportunity to find out what you're made
    of:

    "Adversity reveals genius; prosperity conceals it."
    --Horace

    "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is
    until she gets in hot water."
    --Nancy Reagan

    "Adversity is the trial of principle. Without it a man
    hardly knows whether he is honest or not."
    --Henry Fielding

    "Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less,
    say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are
    yours."
    --Anon.

    "People are ridiculous only when they try or seem to be that
    which what they are not."
    --Giacomo Leopardi

    "If it's a good idea . . . go ahead and do it. It is much
    easier to apologize than it is to get permission."
    --Grace M. Hopper

    Choose your closest friends carefully:

    "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what
    you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the
    limo breaks down."
    --Oprah Winfrey

    "A friend should bear his friend's infirmities."
    --William Shakespeare

    "It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter."
    --Marlene Dietrich

    "Worry is a funky luxury when a lot has to be done."
    --Melvin Peebles

    "Life is a risk."
    --Diane Von Furstenberg

    "Never try to tell everything you know. It may take too
    short a time."
    --Norman Ford

    Make the word "impossible" just another challenge to your
    imagination:

    "Do not think what is hard for you to master is humanly
    impossible; but if a thing is humanly possible, consider it
    to be within your reach."
    --Marcus Aurelius

    "You write to me that it's impossible; the word is not French."
    --Napoleon, writing to one of his generals

    "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small
    people always do that, but the really great make you feel
    that you, too, can become great."
    --Mark Twain

    "Decide what you think is right and stick to it."
    --George Eliot

    "If you don't know where you are going, how can you expect to
    get there?"
    --Basil S. Walsh

    Don't short-change yourself: use all of your abilities:

    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by
    what you should have accomplished with your ability."
    --John Wooden

    "I want to be all that I am capable of becoming . . ."
    --Katherine Mansfield

    "There is no meaning to life except the meaning man gives his
    life by the unfolding of his powers."
    --Erich Fromm

    ---