Re: recycled art

From: Alasann1
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 15:18:39 PDT

    Write a play. Think up the story-fantasy is great for this age.
    Let them have creative control.
    Let them design the set-create the props (refrigerator cardboard boxes open
    up to flat sheets nicely).
    Paint the set. Find the music and sound effects.
    Conclude with concept satisfied.
    Someone videotape. Each kid gets a copy So does Superintendent.
    Don't want drama-writing. Try commercials for imaginary products. Or find
    someone who will teach raku firing for a couple of day.
    Start a painting and do a layer each day.
    Create mural for some public space. Get tiles from culls at stores (flooring
    places and tile distributors) and let the kids break them into pieces. Then
    plaster colored tile into a mural for wall of play area. Weather tolerant and
    permanent.
    Just ramblings.
    I love that population. University might have student help.

    ---