RE: Public Art

From: Peg Blechman (blechman@ACCESS-BOARD.GOV)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 11:57:17 PDT

    I saw an article a while back about artists doing tile murals for the NYC
    subway system. I remember Elizabeth Murray being one of the artists...maybe
    if you contacted the NY Transit Authority they would have more info. Also,
    the Federal Transit Administration at the U.S. Department of Transportation
    might have info about public art at transit stations- seems like they were
    giving out grants as part of a transportation funding bill. Go to
    www.dot.gov and link to FTA. Also, the General Services Administration
    funds public art projects, mainly sculpture I think; www.gsa.gov.
    -Peg Blechman

    > ou are currently subscribed to artsednet as: blechman@ACCESS-BOARD.GOV