Public Art

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen.ok.us)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 11:40:37 PDT

    I'm interested in knowing if any of you have done a public art project with
    7th & 8th grade art students. Like a tile mural for a 1939 art deco public
    library's new addition that may be going up in the next few years, right
    across the street from the school ?? (for now let's say that's just a random
    example : )

    From the brain-storming I've done It could provide a good variety of a
    semester's lessons - historical and contemporary murals, generating a
    meaningful idea, thumbnail sketches, collaboration, consensus, looking at
    architectural renderings of the space, etc etc

    Betty

    ---