Re: switching art schedules

From: Andrea Dunmire (artshui)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 10:35:27 PDT

    Diane wrote:

    >Elementary Art. What to do. Does anyone have this problem? When a
    >classroom
    >teacher schedules a field trip and misses art class (teacher prep), do you
    >re-schedule and switch around your classes or do you say no to switching?
    >have been accommodating, but recently especially towards the end of school,
    >find my schedule jumbled with 4 different grade levels in a row which is
    >stressful regarding preparation for the different grades. What do you do?

    Diane,

    As you have discovered, this method of trying to make everyone happy will
    backfire in the end. I have always had the policy, and my district has
    adopted it, that if a class is missed due to a trip, then it is missed. You
    have a life too!
    Assemblies are different. If the classroom teacher requests it, I will go
    and cover my scheduled class during the assembly. This is their prop time
    and if they are in the building, they are entitled to it.

    Andrea in Pa.
       - to contact me directly use artshui