Re: AP Studio Art

From: Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 08:51:06 PDT

    >> A word of caution about AP courses. Not all colleges accept AP courses
    college
    >> credit, especially art schools.

    One of my students, Wo attends the school of the Art Institute of Chicago
    was given 3 sem. hours of at-large credit. Not art credit, but still 3 hrs
    toward the degree and tuition-free.

    State universities are especially good at accepting AP credit. I had a
    student pick up 6 hours (for two portfolios) plus an additional one at a
    portfolio review for a total of 7.

    Non-art majors usually have the AP portfolio picked up as credit for "Art
    for Non-Majors."

    ---