Pack-ratting

From: Donald Peters (softsnow)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 08:38:52 PDT

    Here's an idea for a new thread that (I think) ties in with the recent
    can/can't and recycled art threads:

    What unusual items do you all have packratted away for future art projects
    (you know, just in case you need it)

    I have:
    a box of broken glass
    a box of small leather scraps
    a box of small matboard scraps
    big bag of easter grass
    big bag of flower arranging foam
    sheets of soft packing foam (that fruit comes in)
    sheets of processed cotton (Texas is a cotton state)
    a box of pillow filler
    baby food jars
    pickle jugs
    old glass coke bottles
    a box of computer guts
    a box of computer cds and disks
    old candle stubs
    a box of drinking straws
    a box of old time printing line (sticky border that was used before
    computers by newspapers for ad borders)
    three bags of birdhouse gourds
    brown paper bags
    those little bear honey bottles
    more paper towel tubes and toilet paper tubes than I can stand
    mailing tubes
    old outdated encyclopedias
    rolls of paper from a printer that went out of business
    lots and lots of egg cartons

    I'm a professional pack-rat! Every time I come home with a box my wife says
    "that better be going to school" even before she sees what's in it! *l*

    Anybody else?
    Pat