Re: "automatic pilot"

From: Tom Johnsen (koordt)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 06:12:30 PDT

    Betty Bowen wrote:

    > "automatic pilot"
    >
    > The art ed methods course ...

    I'm interested in getting much better as an art teacher, having, I think,
    this year begun to discover my style, or at least that, if there is a
    learning style for each child, there is a teaching style for each teacher.
    You can't be everyone for anyone without being yourself for you first and
    foremost. My question: what are the most valuable courses, where are they
    taught, and how much do they cost?

    I am currently visiting other art teachers in the area and so far have
    observed two. Many great ideas come out of this, complete with solutions to
    problems I didn't know I had.

    I'd appreciate hearing more about these courses. I came to be an art teacher
    accidentally, with a multiple subject credential with supplements in Art and
    English. (I have a double BA in English Literature and Studio Art). I took no
    course that dealt specifically with teaching art.

    Tom in Potter

    ---