Re: pacific island art

From: laurel@pure-guava.org.nz
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 18:47:55 PDT

    > wow!!! how did you manage that?! i'd go in a minute if i knew a feasible way
    > (hint, hint). and yes, post your collected info if you can. thanks!

    save, save, save...

    most pacfic islands are very cheap and affordable on the US$ specially
    when youre into camping or hostelling, and willing to live on 2 minute
    noodles and fruit. even hotels are cheap. ive never gone through a travel
    agent because half the fun is doing the things YOU want to do, and its a
    lot cheaper.

    make connections with people who are willing to help you out... ive found
    most are more than willing to go out of their way if they know youre
    interested. just like here on the board!

    im looking into teaching here (currently tramping in new zealand). if i
    get a job, i'll be glad to host any and all art teachers (or others) who
    would like to come stay and see some things. ive managed to make some
    amazing connections with famous new zealand artists and wouldnt mind
    showing art people around. :)

    -L

    ---