Re: AP Studio Art

From: San D Hasselman (kprs)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 18:34:38 PDT

    A word of caution about AP courses. Not all colleges accept AP courses college
    credit, especially art schools. They would rather 'retrain' students in their
    way....While they will respect a student who has reached high in AP courses,
    they will not accept the credit. I will be teaching AP Art History next year,
    and am presently being enrolled in a 4 day workshop by my administration on
    teaching AP courses. I will also take a refresher course in the fall. While
    my students understand the rigors of the course, they are under no illusion
    that any of the art schools they intend to go to will accept the credit.

    San D