Re: recycled art

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 16:49:11 PDT

    We made stepping stones that turned out fantastic - and the cost was VERY
    low. I purchased some of those cheap pans that you put under pots to keep
    the water contained (I know they have names - just don't know what they're
    called). Fill these with Quikrite (SP?) cement. Have the kids decorate them
    while the cement is still wet. They can stick in anything from broken tiles
    to little green army men! After the cement dries just pop them out of the
    plastic containers and you're ready to start again. I spent less than $10
    and was able to make appx. 30 stepping stones with leftover supplies.
    ~Michal
    http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
        (recently upgraded with middle school lessons)

    > > I'm teaching a recycled art class this summer and am looking for some
    fresh
    > > ideas. I did a search in the archives and it came up with over 25,000
    hits,
    > > so I was hoping to not have to try and sort thru them all! I'm teaching
    in
    > > 2hr blocks for 5 days, middle school level so nothing too goofy or
    useless
    > > to them. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm going to do tin can
    luminaries
    > > and corrugated cardboard frames, what else would be fun?
    > > Thanks!

    ---