Re: Can do/Can't do

From: Paulette Keck (tcsfp)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 16:11:57 PDT

    >I can't throw a pot over 12" tall
    >I can pull handles and throw lids to fit vessels. I can build a raku or
    >salt
    >fire kiln out of a trashcan and a weedburner.

    pat-

    ok, how do you make a raku fire kiln?! i've been searching for a practical
    way to do this on and off for 2 years and have not succeeded yet. please
    enlighten me.

    and in the event that the i can/i can't thing is still going...

    i can draw great pictures on an etch-a-sketch
    i can blow glass (not very well, but i can do it)
    i can do great contour line portraits
    i can come up with great ideas on the spur of the moment, and
    i can fake understanding spanish well enough to keep my students from saying
    things they shouldn't

    i can not however, turn paperwork in on time, keep any section of my artroom
    clean for more than 40 minutes (hummocks are my life), or keep from getting
    speeding tickets!

    paulette