RE: Italy

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 15:34:52 PDT

    I wore two when I was in Europe. One around my neck (under my shirt) for
    purchasing items with just $10 or so, and a second with my traveler's
    checks, and emergency medicine. The chaperones carried our passports (I was
    in high school). I wore loose clothing as I could (we had to wear Friday
    uniforms the whole trip). I wasn't too uncomfortable, and I recommend it for
    your safety tourist areas are targeted by thieves around the world. Keep the
    bulk down by cashing checks only as you need them, learn the currency and
    use the change (you can't change coins for other currency and most countries
    now have the equivalent of $1.00 coins so that adds up. My Dad used to use
    Looney's (Canadian $1.00 coins as ball markers in golf).
    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator