Re: Something to say about I can't

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 15:01:27 PDT

    Janjarreau wrote:
     the professor constantly said, "If
    > you mess up, you will have to start over. If you get a smudge, wrinkle or go
    > out of the lines, you will get counted off." I felt like I was in
    > kindergarten. I am naturally a neat person when it comes to graphic work,
    > but she down right stifled my creativity.

    Isn't it terrible when you are told never to mess up. I had a professor
    like this as well. She also was terrible at critiques. Never once did
    she point out what was good or at least how to correct. Critique to her
    was to tell you what you did wrong. When I do critiques I try to say at
    least 3 positive statements to each negative (I hate that word - more
    like pointing out improvements that could be made). I like to think
    these professors made us stronger, more postive teachers. We are able to
    draw on what we felt made us bad in class and remember never to do that
    again!

    Sandra in AL

    ---