Re: Paintings of food

From: KLMVisArt
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 13:52:24 PDT

    Wayne Thiebaud painted a piece Cakes. There were a large number of
    reproductions available through the National Gallery of Art. I attended
    their teacher institute on a fellowship last summer. I'd suggest checking
    out their Website- as well as Oldenberg's soft sculptures of ice cream. Good
    luck and please contact me if you are interested in hearing about the NGA
    Teacher Institute. This summer they are repeating the theme: Tbe Beat
    Generation and Beyond- Art of the 1950s - 60s. It is meant for classroom
    teachers and administrators, as well as art educators.
    Hope this helps,
    Kerry

    ---