Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I know this isn't the one you want, but it's a great playdough made with
It's from my book, Mudworks, along with 30 other playdoughs in the first
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1/4 cup instant coffee
3/4 - 1 cup warm water
other stuff mentioned below
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. Add coffee to water in a cup and stir. Pour the coffee/water into
3. Form a ball. Add more flour or water if necessary.
4. Knead until smooth, on a lightly floured board, for about 5 minutes.
5. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Then model with any clay.
7. Bake at 325F for 1-1/2 hours, until hard, on a foil-lined cookie
8. Varnish the cooled project to seal.
Note: Dough is a delicate golden color.
Hint: work on foil on the work table
For success, roll dough 1/2" thick
This recipe makes enough dough for one 8" flat project, or several small