RE: scissor demonstration

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
marianna delafield (mdelafield)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:34:30 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: MPBC90 [SMTP:MPBC90]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 1999 9:49 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: scissor demonstration

In a message dated 3/30/99 9:57:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-artsednet-
digest writes:

<< I also teach them how to move the
paper instead of their hands >>

This is important! I demonstrated how to "fragment" our Easter eggs today,
(ala "cubism" lesson!) and after I showed how to TURN the egg to cut a new
angle, there was great success. (K, 1st and 2nd) The funny positions and
contortions these kids can get into to cut zig zags is a laugh a minute!
Also, don't you love the ones who "chew" with their mouths as the scissors
open and close? (My husband does it too, when cutting! heehee)
mp
[marianna delafield] I have also discovered childrens fiscars, and they are wonderful, no more right or lefties. I have bought them in packages of three at Sams Club. There they are not expensive. In fact I was really surprised how inexpensive they were. Marianna