You are right to caution about dryer lint. As I remember,
the problem with lint is the small particles in the dust.
Very simply put, any particle smaller than .2 microns goes
easily into the lungs and stays there. Scar tissue develops
around it and interferes with the function of the lungs.
This is how asbestos does it's damage. I keep a spray
bottle next to my dryer and when I empty lint from my
dryer filter I spritz it to keep the dust down. I hope this
protects my lungs.
Once a colleague had the kids bring in
dryer lint for the paper making project. There was a
problem with flea eggs riding in on the dryer lint! She
had a very difficult time getting rid of the fleas. You would
think that the washing and drying would kill them. I never asked
kids to bring it in again. Gross!
NJ Back from DC feeling tired and very happy!
P.S. It was great to see so many of y'all. (Pam Steven's husband
told me that the plural of y'all is all y'all!) I heard so
many southern and Texas accents that my drawl started to
come back. Could have been the Grits at the breakfast buffet.
Too bad we have to wait a year to do this again. But, starting
classes every morning at 8:00 am and going nonstop in sessions
'till 11:00 pm then sharing all this with roomates 'till 3:00 am
can't be done often with these old bones!
Judy, Thanks for coordinating the tags and breakfast. That was far above and beyond!