RE: Photography

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
marianna delafield (mdelafield)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:04:42 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Ckart [SMTP:ckupcin]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 1999 7:08 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: Photography

Lauren

>I am having trouble finding them in art
>catalogs to order.
>My questions are: Does anyone know where I can look to
>order these cameras? Is this going to be way too
>expensive? Any other ideas for projects and so forth?
>Thanks in advance,
>Lauren

Contact the Polaroid Company. They have a program for education and
frequently give out free cameras at workshops, and have project ideas for
using them in the classroom. I received two cameras in separate workshops
this way. Otherwise, check the drugstores sale flyers such as Walgreens,
who frequently run sales on them.

Be advised -- the film is VERY expensive. I think you'd be better off with
35mm film.

Sincerly,

Cheryl

[marianna delafield] Somtimes our local Payless, Mennards and Home Depot have a sale where you get a percent off the cost of anything that fits in a bag which they send with the newspaper. Thats the time to buy Polaroid film, I think. I wonder if Poloroid doesn't have a web site where you could inquire about the free cameras which they will supply to schools. Otherwise contact the Poloroid company with an 800 number. They will also supply an instructor for a workshop at no cost, for state conferences. They charge a flat rate for a camera with film and the workshop and its very reasonable. Its a good way to provide kids with an experience and not have to go about developing the film.
Marianna