Re: Music appreciation program?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:19:34 -0800

If you follow the new conceptualization called "Discipline Based Music
Education" DBME (yes, it's an offshoot of DBAE), then you will want to
incorporate history, criticism, and aesthetics into the elementary
education program.

That's what I'd call "Music Appreciation."

The published series, "Share the Music," (pub by MgGraw?) is an excellent
series in this regard. Perhaps you can get a preview copy of a grade or
two for your meeting.

All the best,

--Walter Krueger, Portland Oregon

At 2:48 PM -0800 3/29/99, Kathy Tickner wrote:
>...principal has asked me the question about a
>music appreciation program, Does anyone know of a published program?
>Thanks,
>Kathy Tickner
>Byron Middle School/Discovery Bay Elementary
>Northern California

Walter Krueger, Concordia University, Portland
http://www.teleport.com/~wkrueger
A child comes home from his first day at school.
His Mother asks, "Well, what did you learn today?"
The kid replies, "Not enough.
They want me to come back tomorrow."