Re: Kiln --- repair or replace?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:16:54 +0000

A bottom element for your kiln is certainly cheaper than buying a new kiln.
Elements aren't that hard to put in. Cracks are not a big deal. You can
seal them up with kiln cement. Missing pieces to the bricks are such a big
deal either. You can replace bricks in the kiln or you can fashion new
bricks out of soft brick. They are easy to carve.

It's always nice to have a new piece of equipment though. New equipment can
be set up with the latest health and safety equipment and a kiln controler
unit. These make life easier for any teacher.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center