Re: self-stick labels

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:58:51 -0600

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:12:50 -0600
From: "S. Henneborn" <heneborn>
Subject: Self stick mail lables

I am making my list of essentials to take to DC and I thought I would
share
with the first-timers a helpful hint. Bring along a packet of those
handy
self stick return address labels. Saves you writing your name and
address a
million times! Just stick one on all the venders mailing lists and slap
it on
the folders of all new friends you will meet!

ENJOY!
Sharon Henneborn
NJ

Thanks for reminding me Sharon, the labels are a great idea. What else
do you have on your essentials list? Tops on my list is a poster tube
to haul home all the great free posters. Actually I think I'm going to
buy a better version for this year--a big fat plastic one with a strap
for carrying! I take 1600 speed slide film and my filter for
compensating for indoor light to take slides in the galleries. Also
handy is a mostly empty suitcase to haul home all the samples and
literature. I have been a big pin maker/trader in the past, but this
year don't know if I'll have time to make very many. Do you have any
presenters who are "must-sees" on your list? Or do you mainly select
workshops by the topic? I'm anxious to see Jesus Bautisa Morales' slide
talk. He created a beautiful granite sculpture garden and water wall at
the Ulrich Museum at Wichita State University.

--Marcia Scurfield, Derby, KS