Re: What's happening in Washington?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:17:19 -0600

Michelle H. Harrell wrote:

> I'm definantly not getting tired of the discussion on DC. This is my
> first national convention and I feel a little overwelmed. I just found
> out this weekend that I'll have to come home on Friday and will miss all
> the juicy fun for the weekend. Have you ever been to DC? At National
> Gallery, there is an exhibit right now about John Singer Sargent with
> over 100 paintings that I plan to go to. Also, there is a great African
> Art Museum that is one of the Smithsonium Musuems on the Mall. Since I
> am not going to be here on Friday, I will not be able to go to the
> workshop I'm registered for to go to the Torpedo Art Factory in Old Time
> Alexandria. I'm so disappointed. The workshop is called "the Artist
> Within"- After a short visit to the Torpedo Art Factory, 20 artists
> teachers would sketch the streets of downtown Alexandria. It's
> beautiful! I could kick myself that I'm going to miss it. If you are
> interested in it, let me know!
>
> I'd really like to hear any DC advice that is posted off the listserv if
> you don't mind sharing. I've been to DC 4 times before but find
> something new each time.
>
> Michelle H. Harrell
> mmhar
> North Garner Middle School
> Garner, North Carolina
> _____
> / \
> ( ) "Art is the form of the picture that has come
> ! ^ ^ ! into being through the nerves, heart,
> ^! * * ! ^ brain, and eye of man."
> ! \ ^ / ! -Edvard Munch
> ( ( 0 ) ) 1907
> \ --- /
> \ ! ! /

It is a shame that your plans have changed and the time will be cut
short. It goes so fast doesn't it? Oh yes, you said this is your first
natl convention. Trust me, the time flies by! It is a great learning
experience and a huge art education PARTY! At any one time there are a
least a dozen places you want to be which I personally find
frustrating. I want to see and do it all! Being in Washington DC
itself will make the choices only more varied and appealing. And next
year the conference is in LA. Can you imagine the party that the Getty
will throw for us in 2000? Gotta save up now to go!