Re: Web-Authoring (was: artsednet-digest V2 #1307)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Olejarz2
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:07:44 EST

In a message dated 3/18/99 3:31:14 AM, wkrueger writes:

<<At 9:51 PM -0500 3/17/99, Mbert886 wrote:
>I teach elementary art grades 1-5. I am currently designing a web page for
>classroom which includes a student gallery. I am using Netscape Composer.
>anybody had success with other web authoring programs? I am working on Mac>>

I have used PageMill and Composer. Each has its strengths. Some things are
easier in one program, so I ususally work with both. If you get into html and
need to edit lots of pages BBEdite Lite, freeware, is a big help.

When building a site I found that if you make web page templates and use them
along with a main index things will be soooo much easier. I made templates for
my six and seventh grade classes and the kids that finished a project early
would then scan the rest of the classes previous project and use the templates
to create class pages.

<A HREF="http://www.olejarz.com">Harold</A>